ENDEREMA PLANT WITH MANY MEDICINAL USES
ENDEREMA Runyakitara. Rutooro/ Konzo. (Zanaki) Kamati-Wanderema.
Botanical name: Tinospora Coffra.
It is a large, deciduous extensively spreading climbing shrub with several elongated twining branches. Tinospora cordifolia commonly named as “Guduchi” is known for its immense application in the treatment of various diseases . Recently the discovery of active components from the plant and their biological function in disease control has led to active interest in the plant across the globe.
- Leaves may be pounded and the juice squeezed on an open wound as an antiseptic. Root decoction drunk for abdominal pain.
- Measles: Take a bath with the leaves of Tinospora, for 2 days or 2 glasses during day time of leaf juice and drink ½ a glass x 3 a day.
- Cough: Take the decoction (Infusion) Drink and gurgle.
- HBP: Prepare leaf juice and take a glass x 3 a day.
- Ulcers: Make a leaf juice and take a glass a day for 2 days.
- Heart Problem: Boil the leaves for 5 min. and drink or eat as greens.
- Fever: Put 3 handfuls of fresh leaves in warm water and bathe it will reduce the body temperatures and take ½ a glass 3 times a day.
- Difficult birth: Take hipbath of leaf infusion twice a day weak during the last 5 months of pregnancy.
- Eye Problem: Eye bath with boiled infusion.
- Constipation: Give enema of leaf infusion.
- Immune stimulant: Eat fresh leaves as vegetables.
- Vegetables: Specially recommended for pregnant.
- Leaves may be pounded and the juice squeezed on a open wound as antiseptic.
- Root decoction: Is drunk for abdominal pain.
- Roots are used as purgative, they are boiled or soaked in cold water and the infusion drunk as may be necessary.
- cordifolia is used in the Indian Ayurvedic system of medicine for the treatment of jaundice, diabetes, and rheumatoid arthritis, and is also used as an immunostimulant. Experiments have examined its anti neoplastic, antioxidant, hepatoprotective, hypolipidemic, and immunologic properties; however, few clinical trials exist.
- Clinical trials to support dosing are limited; with 300 mg of a standardized aqueous tinospora stem extract taken 3times daily for up to 6 months.
- Contraindications have not been determined. An in vitro study found an increase in prostate cancer cells; therefore, tinospora probably should not be consumed in this condition until further studies are conducted.
Researched by: Proficient Muteguya Goodrich.
it is true because i have used
welcome. keep reading.